What is LEED?
Giant Food grocery store with Starbucks and PNC Bank on site right here at Notch 8 in Potomac Yard
LOUNGE with spectacular indoor-outdoor fireplace, 80" flat-screen TV, billiard table and entertainment kitchen
PLAY, a game room with Xbox® One and PlayStation® 4 gaming consoles, sweet 70" flat-screen TV, and library of games & videos available to borrow
GATHER, a courtyard with swimming pool, outdoor living room, fire pit, grilling stations, outdoor flat-screen tv and hammocks
K!CK fitness center with cardio theater, full-circuit strength training, fitness-on-demand system, plus personal training and group classes
SYNC e-lounge with communal table and charging stations
Wi-Fi throughout both indoor and outdoor common areas
Controlled-access entrance and high-tech electronic key system
Bicycle storage room and bike maintenance workbench with tools
Resident storage available
Green Means Go
- LEED-NC certified by the U.S. Green Building Council
ENERGY STAR® appliances
- ENERGY STAR is the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s voluntary program to identify and promote energy–efficient products that reduce energy consumption, improve energy security and minimize pollution through voluntary labeling of products that meet the highest energy efficiency standards.
- Our residences utilize ENERGY STAR–rated dishwashers, refrigerators, washers and exhaust fans.
High-efficiency plumbing and light fixtures
- Residences and amenity areas contain water-efficient faucets and toilets to reduce water consumption by over 30%.
Low-VOC paint and adhesives
- Paints, adhesives and sealants used at Notch 8 have low or no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) found in common building materials that are often linked to poor indoor air quality and toxicity. Breathe in the fresh air!
Environmentally friendly flooring
- Flooring products used throughout Notch 8 have green product certifications, such as Green Label Plus® certified carpet and FloorScore® certified wood flooring.
Mechanically ventilated bedrooms for improved indoor air quality
Electric-vehicle charging stations provided in parking garage
Recycling chutes on each residential floor
Easy access to Transportation
- TransitScreen display in lobby with real-time information to help residents make transportation choices—whether going to Alexandria or downtown DC.
Zipcar® located one block away
- Zipcar is a car-sharing program that serves the DC metro area, located one block away at 731 Seaton Avenue.
LEED the Way
- LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) is a green building certification program that recognizes best-in-class building strategies and practices.
- The most widely used green building rating system in the world, it provides independent verification of a building or neighborhood’s green features, allowing for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of resource-efficient, high-performing, healthy, cost-effective buildings.
At Notch 8 we're always looking for new ways to help you make the most of your day. We offer a selection of lifestyle services tailored exclusively for our residents. Now you can start enjoying the services that fit your lifestyle and your budget. Have our services at your fingertips by downloading our app. Check out notch8.mobiledoorman.com/download on your mobile device for details.
Move inConcierge Service to assist with setting up utilities and change of address pick-up and delivery
On-site K!CK Fitness personal trainer with one complimentary session, plus additional sessions at discounted rates
Door-to door dry cleaning and laundry pick-up and delivery
Sign up for local, farm-fresh produce delivered weekly to your door
Referrals for dog walkers and pet sitters for your faithful companion
Handyman service for painting, repairs, TV mounting and more. We can point you to the right crew.
Ask for our list of housekeeping providers so your place will sparkle
Give your ride the VIP treatment with car washing professionals to clean and detail your car while you relax at home